Dear Parents and Carers,
I write with further information about plans to extend the opening of our school. Today we have learned that the Directors of Holy Family Multi Academy Trust (HFCMAT) have decided that we will not open our school on 1st June for Nursery, Reception, Year One and Year Six. This is in line with guidance from our Local authority & Diocese. The reason for this is that we do not have sufficient evidence to ensure that risks could be managed effectively if we return at this time.
For the last two weeks, we have been devising plans for extending our opening to specific year groups, ensuring we can mitigate risks. These will be reviewed and refined after the half term. We anticipate extending our opening from 15th June at the earliest. Pupils will return to school in stages in the following weeks. Initially, Year 10 & 12 pupils will be invited into 1:1 tutorials with staff. We will increase the size of tutor groups, subject to safe staffing levels, the supply of essential resources and the scientific evidence available. We do not anticipate Y7, 8 and 9 will be returning to school before September (at the earliest).
Our school has been open for childcare since 23rd March and we will continue to offer this to the children of our key workers and vulnerable children. Home learning will continue to be offered.
We will endeavour to keep you informed of our plans and write to you by Wednesday 11th June to advise you of our decision to extend the opening of the school.
Thank you for your support over the past weeks. Your messages of thanks and support are very much appreciated by the staff who have worked tirelessly in these unprecedented times.
This week is mental health awareness week and now, more than ever, we need to look after each. I hope the activity packs (created by staff from all of our schools) will be of use to you over the coming weeks.