Teaching Assistant Level 2 x 3
- This is a fixed-term position initially until 31/07/2023. This position is 30 hours a week, 39 weeks a year (term-time plus INSET days).
Band D, scale point 6-7 £20,043-£20,444 (pro-rata). Actual pay £14,429 – £14,718.
Our mission is simple, we develop individual excellence, embrace opportunities and build communities with the Gospel values at the heart.
St Mary’s Catholic College are looking for enthusiastic, hard-working individuals who will promote students’ development in a safe and secure environment. Your role will be to support students by developing an understanding of the student’s specific needs in order to help them learn as effectively as possible, whilst ensuring their safety and well-being.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- To promote students’ development in a safe, secure, challenging environment
- To meet the physical/medical needs of the student according to a student’s individual care plan whilst encouraging independence wherever possible. Medical needs include the administration of medicines by mouth or other medical procedures provided appropriate training has been given by an appropriate person.
- To develop an understanding of the student’s specific needs in order to help them learn as effectively as possible
- To encourage inclusion within the classroom
- To display students’ work to reflect their achievement
- To encourage good personal hygiene and assist with necessary self-help skills (feeding, toileting, dressing etc.)
- To facilitate small group interventions as directed by the SENDCO (homework club, social skills etc.)
Start Date: As soon as Possible
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 29th June 2022 at 12.00pm
Completed application forms should be emailed to: [email protected]